Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Should I have my rocker chick card revoked?

It's official.  I've become one of those Moms.  The Mom that loves her kids' music.  The Mom that loves those inappropriately young boy bands.  The Mom that watches all those Disney channel shows like Big Time Rush and Good Luck Charlie and actually laughs out loud.

My Spotify library is full of Justin Beiber and Hannah Montana and Rihanna.  And I actually like it!  Not one Metallica or Disturbed or Pearl Jam song.  How in the world did this happen?

But the true nail in the coffin was the fact that I went to the Ultra Music Festival last weekend and I LOVED it!  All electronic dance music.  I thought it was going to be torture.  I thought I was going to be miserable listening to all that house music.  But I wasn't.  I loved it.  I danced all night.  And I was so sad when the night ended.  It went by way too fast.  I could've listened to it for another 6 hours.  My friend and I are already making plans for next years show.  I know, crazy.

How does that old saying go?  You can take the girl out of Ozzfest but don't ever let her go to Ultra because she'll turn into a total bass head.  Something like that.

I'm so confused on what to say now when someone asks me what kind of music I like.  I still think of myself as being a rocker chick.  But my Spotify library tells a different story...

No comments:

Post a Comment