Monday, June 3, 2013

Snail shell frames

Jill and I were doing yard work a few weeks ago and I noticed a snail shell in the yard.  So I suggested to her that we should "collect" all the snail shells in the yard.  So 60 shells later I was wondering what the heck we were going to do with all these shells.  So first we soaked them in water and scrubbed all the shells.  We did this about 3 times.  Then we bleached them.  I still had no idea what to do with all these shells, then my friend Andrea suggested doing picture frames.  So I got some plain wooden frames and we started with painting the frames.  Then we glued some shells around.


Then I sprayed each frame with a clear acrylic spray to protect the paint and shells.  I accidentally got a matte finish spray so they didn't come out as glossy as I wanted them to.


But, voila!, the finished product is really cute:

1 comment:

  1. They came out great. I never would have thought of bleaching them but I love how they came out.

    ReplyDelete