Thursday, October 21, 2010

Licking

WOW, it has been a LONG time since I wrote on this blog page. I've been reading so many good blogs lately that it has inspired me to try and write here more often.

So...

My baby girl. She is five now. My only affectionate child. She used to love kisses from mommy. Not so much anymore. Whenever I try to give her kisses in public all I get in return are licks from her. I don't understand this behavior. I think she is asserting her independence from me now. I think she is trying to show dominance over me in front of other people.

I miss my clingy little girl who always wanted me to hold her. Who loved to give me hugs and kisses and loved when I kissed all over her. I guess I still have our private time together. She comes to my bed in the middle of the night and has to lay so close that she is actually touching me. She still loves for me to scratch her back. Reading books and snuggling every night before bedtime.

I know it's only going to get worse from here. She's already 5 going on 15, what is it going to be like when she really is 15? Well, hopefully she isn't still sneaking into my bed in the middle of the night...

Love you baby girl. And please stop licking me.

1 comment:

  1. When she is 12, she will begin to lose the brain power she once had and learn to hate the world. And daddy will get the most eye rolls. Well at least that is how it is in our home. Licking is better than spitting!! Ive seen kids do worse than licking. Mommy must taste good. My boy finds my nails and eats them. Weird.

    ReplyDelete