Monday, January 10, 2011

Scenes from an Office: Refrigerator clean out day

My company posts signs on the 3 refrigerators in the kitchen about once a month about when the refrigerators will be cleaned out.  They always go up at least a week before the scheduled date.  And it's ALWAYS over a weekend.  But inevitably, I ALWAYS hear people bitching Monday morning.

"Ugh, why did they throw out my butter?"
"Did they really have to throw out my syrup?"
One girl even complained once that they threw out her milk that she had just bought two days prior.

Because, obviously, it is the cleaning crews responsibility to check every single condiment in the fridge and compare/evaluate the expiration dates and make their own judgments on what should be thrown out and what could be thrown out.  They get paid to do that.  No they don't.  They get paid to clean and that's what they're doing.

People!  What is unclear about this sign?  It clearly indicates that EVERYTHING WILL BE THROWN AWAY!!  EVERYTHING!!  ON THIS DATE IN RED!!  I tried to take a picture for you guys but they have already been taken down.  But I can tell you there a bunch of capital letters and underlined words and lots of exclamation points.  Even RED text!!  All indications that this sign is URGENT!  READ IT!

I guess it's just easier for people to bitch after the fact then to just take their effing butter home w/ them on Friday.  And this is one of the gajillion reasons why I hate people.

3 comments:

  1. If it's not one thing its another, right? At least they get rid of the stuff in your fridges regularly. Is it better to listen to the people cry about their things being tossed or is it better to smell their crap cause they are way to freaking lazy to clean up their own messes? Its a toss up. I think I pick the first one though, crying about the stuff being thrown away. Then you can laugh or damn them to yourself, as opposed to not knowing whos actually keeping that HELL stored up in a cold box inside 80 different bags. Oiy! Calgone, take me away, FAR FAR AWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't "hate people"! You just hate STUPID people. (and LAZY people!) ME TOO! There is always that segment of society who has nothing to do, so they COMPLAIN (about everything) Unfortunately they are everywhere... just ignore them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad that I'm no longer working there with you. We could have taken a walk around the building or watched Judge Judy while discussing how much we both hate people. LOL Here's to a good friendship!

    ReplyDelete