Friday, January 11, 2013

2 years ago today...

My husband started the first conversation we'd had in 6 weeks with, "I want to separate".  Ouch.  2 years.  Wow.  In some ways it seems a lot longer than that.  In some ways it seems a lot shorter.  There's been a lot of ups and downs over these past 2 years.  But in this new year there will finally be closure.  Joe and I will be filing for divorce soon.  It's a relief, it's sad, it's scary - all at the same time.  Although I've been living apart from him for almost 2 years now, the fact that we were still married was a bit of safety net for me.  There was still "that chance".  There was still "hope".  Divorce is final.  There will be no more safety net.  I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about this.  But I don't want to put them here.

I hope this divorce, in time, will bring us closure and peace and happiness.  I've always been extremely uncomfortable living in the limbo.

A new year, a new beginning.  Happy 2013 everyone.

1 comment: