Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I guess it was nice while it lasted

Remember a few weeks ago how I bragged how I was sleeping much better?  Yeah, I shouldn't have put that out in the universe like that.  That bitch took care of that real quick.  I was on vacation last week and I had the worst week of sleep ever.  The night before Thanksgiving I don't think I ever even actually fell asleep.  Insomnia is a horrible thing.  All you want to do is sleep.  You're so tired.  But you just can't.  Your thoughts race from one strange thing to another.  You're looking at the clock every hour.  The next day you're like a zombie.  Your body can barely move and your eyes burn.  And don't forget those lovely dark, puffy circles under your eyes.  You wish life would stop for a just a little bit so you can recover.  But it doesn't.  There's still work, and homework and cooking dinner to get done.  And you do it all again the next day. Lovely, isn't it?

Next time I'll know better than to jinx myself like that.  I guess there's time for sleeping when I'm dead.

Here's one for you universe.  I want to be a millionaire.  I'm putting it out there.  Make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment