Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Day

One day there will be no more mementos of our love or life together in our house.  I've already started removing them.
One day "our" house will no longer exist.  It is already broken.
One day I will refer to you as my "ex".  But for now I still call you my husband.
One day I will refer to you as "my first husband".  My "starter" husband.  Or possibly even, my "first ex-husband"?
One day the only reason we will speak to each other will be because we have kids together.
One day our kids won't even remember when we were together.
One day we will be in love with other people.
But I honestly hope the day never comes where we don't look back and remember a time when we were hopeful and totally crazy about each other and so in love.  Because that is still how I remember us.  Our beautiful kids will always be a reminder of that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment