Monday, September 17, 2012

My little drama queen

I took Jill to the dr this morning and she cried hysterically over the finger prick for the iron test. Immediately after that she got a shot. She didn't even wince. Sometimes I just don't get her. Jillian has always been hyper sensitive to pain. She must get that from Joe because she certainly doesn't get it from me. Every little thing to her is the most painful thing in the world.

I bring this up because out of nowhere today I suggested to her that we go get her ears pierced for her birthday. She said her usual "well, I want to but it's going to hurt." After going back and forth she just gets all hysterical about the whole thing but says through her tears "ok, let's do it". Of course I'm thinking this is going to be WW3 of drama with her. But she was very calm while picking out her earrings. Climbing up into the chair. Letting the girl mark the dots on her ears. Then comes time for the piercing. 1st ear, she didn't even blink. 2nd ear, she said "ouch". That was it. No drama. No crying. She was so proud of herself for not crying! I think the two teenage girls standing by watching may have had something to do with her stoicness.

Sorry, I don't have a picture. I was bummed I forgot my camera. But don't worry, I won't forget it when she gets her second holes done.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Thomas wants to get his ear pierced also.....his friend has one and when he found out Tom had one, he really thought about it. He is worried about the pain---oooohhh ahhhh! Maybe Jill can come with us and show him how its done....although I have my own ear piercing gun, I dont think he will let me do it. He wont even let me pull a tooth out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to comment on this so badly, but I can't. You should know what I'm talking about!! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete