Friday, October 12, 2012

Single parenting

So I've been thinking a lot about this term lately.  I have referred to myself as a "single mom" a few times recently, but really, I feel like it's insulting to the real single Moms out there.  The Moms who don't have a husband/partner at all to "tag team" with.  The Moms who have no family near to babysit to have a night out with their girlfriends (or alone) to get away from the kids.  The Moms who don't have a trustworthy neighbor to leave their kids with when they just want to run to the grocery store for 10 min.  I have all of these things.  How dare I refer to myself as a "single Mom".  I'm not doing this by myself.

There should be a new term, individual parenting.  Because there is a BIG difference between single parenting and individual parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment