Thursday, October 18, 2012

The pumpkin patch

Jill had this homework the other night where she had to write a story about a pumpkin.  Her teacher had given the kids some examples of what to write about.  "How to carve a pumpkin" or "Picking a pumpkin from a pumpkin patch".  Jill comes home and tells me, "I asked my teacher 'what else can I write about?  I've never been to a pumpkin patch'".  I said, Jillian, of course you've been to a pumpkin patch, child!  She said, no I haven't.  So I thought about it and I realized MY KIDS HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A PUMPKIN PATCH!  OMG, am I the worst mother ever?  What kind of childhood have I been giving my children?  Yes, I'm exaggerating.  But pumpkin patches are just not that big around South Florida.  Once in a while you'll see one on the side of the road.  Usually as part of a church or something.  And they're like $30 a pumpkin.  Uh, no thanks.

I can't remember the last time we carved a pumpkin for Halloween.  Not a big fan of Halloween.

But my goodness, I cannot let my kids grow up and never remember going to a pumpkin patch.  Although, I don't EVER remember going to a pumpkin patch as a kid.  Needless to say, we'll be stopping at one of those roadside pumpkin patches in our very near future, but I am NOT buying a $30 pumpkin!!  But I WILL post a cute pic of Jill in a pumpkin patch.

1 comment: