Monday, October 22, 2012

OH REALLY, APPLE!?

I bought a new iTouch back in April.  I started downloading some music and using iMessage to text for free with all my iPhone friends.  It was great.  I was perfectly happy.  Then one day, I went to plug it in and I noticed it was quite difficult to get the charger in.  But it went in, charged up fine, life went on.  The next time I went to plug it in the little black bar thingy broke right off and it wouldn't connect to the charger.  I couldn't charge it at all.  Bummer.  It's less than 6 mos old.

So I call up Apple support, and Corey hooked me up.  It "sounded" like something that is "probably" still under warranty.  He sent me an overnight shipping box to ship my broken iTouch to the repair center.  Yay, my iTouch is going to be fixed!  Could it really be this easy?  Of course not.  Apple repair center sent me an email that their technician had inspected the unit and "determined" the damage to be from "misuse".  They will be shipping my iTouch back to me unrepaired with further information.  OH REALLY, APPLE!?  Plugging in your iTouch is now considered "misuse"?  Another addition to my electronics graveyard.

I've never been a big Apple fan.  I've always been on the fence with their products.  I've never understood how to use iTunes.  I've always hated how they just have to put their close button(s) on the LEFT side of all their computer applications. But I have definitely fallen off the fence on the side of GO SCREW YOURSELF AND YOUR STUPID ASS PRODUCTS APPLE!  You just lost a customer that didn't even like you in the first place.  Your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment