Friday, December 3, 2010

I am so cheap

I am always trying to get something for free or at least for cheap.  I remember years back when I wanted to purchase a good flat iron.  Pay $80-$100 for a nice Chi w/ ceramic plates?  No way.  That's definitely not worth it in my mind.  The one they sell at Walgreens with the super cheap looking metal plates that sells for $15 has got to be just as good.  "You're just paying for the designer label" I tell myself.  But guess what, it's not anywhere near as good.  So now, not only did I invest in a nice flat iron, I also wasted money on other models thinking I was getting a good deal.

I've owned one designer purse in my whole life.  And I only bought it to support my sister-in-laws business.  Because do I really want to spend $100+ on a purse barely big enough to fit my cell phone and that gets used about twice a year?  Just to look all cool and fancy that I have a designer purse?  No, I do not.  Because I'm cheap.

Most recently, I was looking at Pandora bracelets and charms online.  Then I start thinking to myself "do i really want to spend close to $100 on a bracelet and some charms?"  I will let you guess the answer to that one.  So I go over to Amazon and start finding similar bracelets and charms for WAY less.  I got a bracelet and 2 bags of 50 piece (yes, bags of 50 charms) charms for LESS than what just the Pandora bracelet costs.  I am ecstatic!  Until they arrive.  First of all, I ordered the wrong size bracelet.  It was too small.  Second, it looked WAY cheap and snagged my arm hairs.  The charms are OK I guess.  The little center circles on most of them are all loose and fall off but as far as the look, they're not too bad.

So, I let Jill pick out some charms and I gave her the bracelet.  LOL.  Meanwhile, I've told my husband all about this because I think I'm so smart and I'm finally going to get away with being so cheap.  Then when I told him how cheap looking everything was he says "Why do you do this?  Just order the real thing."  "Because I always think I'm going to get away with it!" I say.

So, once again, I've had to invest in the real thing AND I've wasted my money on the cheap stuff.  I'm starting to convince myself that I am actually "investing" in nice things so that way it doesn't hurt so bad spending the big bucks.

When will I learn?  So much for saving myself some money.

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical! Cheap is good. Our coupons gave us a great deal for Friday dinner

    ReplyDelete