Monday, June 25, 2012

Someone wants to be just like me.

Jill is really getting into a stage where she is starting to notice me/the things I do as a "woman".  Not just the Mom.  When she sees me getting ready to go out she wants me to put make up on her.  I tell her all the time she's too pretty for makeup.  When she sees I am wearing a new shirt she has to comment on it.  Usually inquiring why my boobs are hanging out of it.  Kidding (not really).  She goes ape shit for jewelry too.  Wants to wear every piece of my jewelry.

The other day I was getting ready to go out and she saw me putting on my makeup.  She says "Mommy, I want to be just like you when I grow up."  Heart melted.  She also said, "Mommy, I wish I looked more like you so that when people look at me they would say "wow, she's like a mini you"."  I swear to God she said that.  So funny.

I remember being so fascinated with my Mom too when I was young.  Her pretty dresses and her pretty shoes and her pretty hair styles.  "Mom, can I have this dress when I grow up?"  "Mom, can I cut my hair like yours when I grow up?"  Now Jill asks me those same exact things.  It's crazy to think that I am someone's role model.  Someone in this world wants to be just like ME!  It's nothing short of amazing.  So much responsibility!

I remember when I was pregnant with her (we didn't find out the sex until she was born) thinking that if I had another boy I would be totally happy with that.  But, honestly, it's so fucking awesome having a baby girl!  I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment