Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dreaming of IKEA...

I have been wanting to go to my local IKEA store for probably at least a year.  I have in my head that I want a whole day to explore the 293k+ square foot location.  With no children.  I feel bad taking a Saturday or Sunday to go b/c these are usually the only days I get to be with my kids all day.  Then there are times when I just don't need anything or kind of forget about it for months at a time.  So tomorrow I have off.  For the past two days I have been browsing the website and decided that I just NEED to get some new window treatments.

So I have my whole plan down.  Meeting a friend for coffee after I drop Jill off at school, then off to IKEA!  With no children!  Maybe a little swedish meatball platter for lunch.  Sounds like a GREAT day off, right?

So I pick up Liam from school today and the first thing out of his mouth, "Mom, you're coming to my classroom tomorrow, right?"  Blurg.  Last week I told his teacher I wanted to volunteer in the classroom since I had the day off.  Because last week that's what I wanted to do with my day off.  But then I totally forgot about it.  So, I'm trying to feel Liam out as to whether or not he would actually care if I didn't go to his classroom.  It went like this:

"So, Liam, I was kind of thinking of not going to your classroom tomorrow."
"Why?"
"Because I was going to do something else."
"What?"
"Go shopping."
"No.  You can do that after school."

Ha ha, so there you have it folks.  I can't disappoint the kid.  He actually wants me in his classroom.  Which is so super cute.

I have a few more days off coming up so I guess there will be other opportunities.  DAMN YOU IKEA, so close yet so far away you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment