Monday, November 22, 2010

Holy Overload!

WOW, the amount of email I receive on a daily basis right now about black friday sales is overwhelming!  I have NEVER done Black Friday in my life.  However, this year I was considering it.  But how the heck do I know where to go?  I see that CVS is having a BOGO offer on Zhu Zhu's on Thursday.  But wait!, Big Lots is having a $4 Zhu Zhu sale on Friday for rewards members!  Is it worth it to wait to save $1?  Oh, and by the way, I already bought my kids a Zhu Zhu each back in JULY when CVS was having a Buy 2 Zhu Zhu's get a free armor sale.  So really, they don't need anymore.  But it's so tempting.  The deal is ssoooo good.  And for some reason I feel like I NEED to get more Zhu Zhu's.  Perhaps this is the retailers intention?

Now retailers open earlier or start their sales a day in advance.  A lot of stores are open ON Thanksgiving offering special sales just for those people that are willing to shop ON Thanksgiving.  There are online deals that are different from in store deals.  Don't forget about the sales leading up to the sales on Black Friday.  And the coupons, oh the coupons!  I can see how this Black Friday thing can make people absolutely crazy!  It is information overload.  AAAAAHHHHHHHHH, how do I know what the best deal is??????????

I just don't know if I can handle this.  I'm feeling the equivalent of "shrinkage" right now.  I'm just scared to go to the wrong place and get the wrong deal.  Because God help me, if I go shopping at 3am and find out that I could have saved myself $1 by not cooking my kids a bountiful Thanksgiving meal to go shopping for toys that they don't even need anyway, I'm gonna go postal on someone...

Happy Thaksgiving everyone!  And happy Black Friday shopping to those who dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment