Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm baaacckkk....

Hello, my little bloggy world!  I'm back from vaca.  It was a GREAT week!  My brother, his wife and their two boys were here all week.  My brother saw all the doors in my garage (for anyone who doesn't know, about 3 years ago I had a grand plan to switch out all my interior doors in the house and I got one door done and the rest have been sitting in the garage ever since) and said "Hey, let's do your doors!"  I was like "That's not what you guys want to be doing on your vaca!"  But him and his wife insisted it was "no big deal" and in about 15 total hours, we had 6 doors painted and hung!  And we still had plenty of time to visit with family, go to the beach and the pool, play cards and drink beer.  Lots of beer.  Wow, my doors look amazing!  What a difference it has made in the house!  I seriously can't thank them enough for all their help!

It was so awesome seeing my nephews too.  Jay (7 yrs old) with his Justin Beiber haircut is just so grown up.  He was constantly doing a "hair flip" to get his long bangs out of his eyes, so freaking cute.  He is always drawing and is a really good artist!  He makes up stories to all his artwork, he's quite amazing.  And Timmy (3 yrs old), OMG, this kid cracked me up all week.  He talks SO MUCH and is SO LOUD and SO FUNNY.  He's so freaking cute I just wanted to eat him up all week.  I got to pinch his hiney and give him a bath.  Reminded me of when I had a baby boy to bathe.  He even snuggled on the couch with me for a while.

They left on Friday morning then Joe picked up the kids Friday evening for "his weekend".  I woke up Saturday to a totally empty house.  It was really tough for me.  I literally had to force myself to get off the couch around 11am and "try" to be a functioning member of society.  I almost called Joe up at least 3 times crying that I can't stand not having my kids with me.  That I hate this situation and I just want it to go away.  That I want our family back so bad.  But I didn't.  I had no idea what I was supposed to do with myself all day long all by myself.  So I went to Target.  Ugh.  I really don't need to be spending money at Target but somehow shopping always makes things better.  I got the kids some new PJ's (that I haven't even seen them in yet) for Easter.

We had a fabulous Easter here.  It was HOT!  Joe and the kids came to the house around 9:15am for our usual egg hunt and they ended up staying until 5:30.  We had lunch with our neighbors then just hung out for the rest of the day with the neighbors talking and playing basketball with the kids.  It was really nice.

I have had a really hard time getting into the groove of work today.  I just don't want to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment