Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kindergarten orientation

I took Jill to Kindergarten orientation this morning.  I welled up no less than 3 times.  Ha.  First was when one of the K classes came in to sing us some "welcome" songs.  They were so dang cute and I was thinking of how that will be Jill in just a few months.  My big girl.  Then when they were talking about learning to read, I thought of how proud I will be when she starts reading.  I want to start working with her over the summer on her reading skills.  I teared up a few other times but don't really remember over what.

I remember how absolutely terrified I was when Liam was starting K.  I was so worried about him being so little in a big school.  Would he have to interact with the "older" kids?  Would they be mean to him?  How is he going to know what to do at lunchtime?  Would he even eat school food?  And a hundred other little worries.  I totally don't feel that way about Jill entering school.  I'm actually really excited for her.  She is much more advanced than Liam was when he was entering K.  I think she's really going to blossom. 

She was so dang cute skipping down the hallway as we were leaving.  That girl is going to rule that school by 1st grade.  I just know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment