Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bitter much?

Oh, you're getting married?  Oh, how wonderful!  Congrats to you and your fiance!
I hate to be the one to tell you this but he'll leave you in a few yrs because he "doesn't know what he wants" right now.  Or maybe because he "doesn't want to do this anymore".

Awww, it's so cute that you guys are so in love.
Love don't mean shit, honey.

Yeah, I know, your man is your best friend.
Yeah, I used to think that too.  Until he abandoned me.  And betrayed me.  And left me to fend for myself with two young kids.   This is a little harsh, I know.  It's an exaggeration of the truth but this is how it feels.

So you're telling me, you've gained a few extra pounds, developed an anxiety disorder and your parents are coming to live with you and your man STILL wants to be with you?
Wow, what a concept.  Someone who is down and dirty in the trenches with you.  Going through this crazy thing called life with you.  Sticking it out with you through the vows you made to each other.  Supports you when things aren't all glitter and rainbows.

I'm a terrible, terrible person, I know.  Bitter, party of one, your table is ready.  I am absolutely bitter that other people get to have that person by their side to stick it out through thick and thin.  Through good and bad.  For better and for worse.  That they get to be not perfect and, yet, someone loves them anyway.

I know love and commitment actually exist.  Of course I do.  But these thoughts creep into my head.  I look at my parents marriage of 41 years.  It was far from perfect.  But they stuck it out with each other through all the tough times.  On a side note, last Friday would've been their 50th wedding anniversary.

My brother and his wife just celebrated 18 years married on Sunday.  They're still so in love and still best friends.  When I was in MN in May my sister in law kept asking me "Isn't your brother just the cutest thing ever?"  (it could've been the margaritas talking, not sure.  hmm, maybe that's the secret to a long loving marriage - MARGARITAS!)  Um, yeah, he's the cutest thing ever.  But, really, he kind of is ;)  Or at least one of the cutest things ever.  (love you guys!)  I want to be with someone for over 18 years, or maybe even 41, and still think they're the cutest thing ever.

As you can tell, I'm going through some abandonment issues right now.  This sucks.

1 comment: