Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Will I ever be able to eat in peace again?

Scene:  At Home
Me:  "Liam, would you like some crackers?"
Liam:  "No thanks."
Me, opening package of crackers, ~~ crinkle, crinkle~~
Liam:  "Can I have one?"
Me:  "Sure, but didn't I just ask you if you wanted crackers?  Why didn't you tell me you wanted some?"
Liam:  "Well, I didn't know it was these crackers.  I like these crackers."  (takes two crackers)
Jill:  "Can I have one Mommy?"
Me:  "Sure, here you go, Jilly Jill."
Jill:  (drops cracker on floor)  "Can I have another one?"
Me:  "Here."
Me:  (hands Jill the rest of the package). ~~ confused look ~~

Scene:  At the Waterpark
Me:  "OK, let's go get some snacks.  Liam and Jill, what do you want?"
Liam:  "Ice cream!"
Jill:  "Ice cream!"
Me:  "I want an ICEE!"
(head back to our chairs)
Liam:  "Mommy, can I have some of your ICEE?"
Jill:  "Mommy, can I have some of your ICEE?"
(hands me back 1/2 gone ICEE)
Me:  "Guys, if you wanted an ICEE why didn't you just say you wanted an ICEE?  Now half my ICEE is gone."
Liam:  "I thought an ICEE was ice cream."
Me:  ~~ confused look ~~

Scene:  At a Restaurant
(soup that I order comes to table)
Jill:  "Mommy, can I taste your soup?"
Me:  "Sure."
Jill:  (takes a sip then starts pulling bowl toward her)
Me:  "Jill, that's my soup.  I would like to have some."
Jill:  "But I like it."
Me:  ~~ confused look ~~

Scene:  Eating take out at home
(ordering thai food.  I asked Liam if he would like some of "the chicken and noodles that you really like [pad si ew].  he declines, says he would like waffles for dinner.  I order for me and Jill and we're sitting down to eat)
Liam:  "That's so unfair, how come Jill gets chicken and noodles?"
Me:  "Liam, I asked you if you wanted some when I was ordering, you said no."
Liam:  "But, I love those chicken and noodles."
Me:  "I know Liam, that's why I asked you if you would like some."
Liam:  "Well, I want some now."
Me:  "Well, let me call up the Thai chef and ask him to come over to make you some."
Liam:  "OK."
Me:  (he proceeds to eat half the order) ~~ confused look ~~

When does it end?

No comments:

Post a Comment