Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"This is the way it is now."

I was talking to my neighbor the other day, who also happens to be Joe's assistant coach for Liam's football team, and he says "I asked Joe if he was going to Orlando with you and the kids and he said 'No, I wasn't invited'."  "This is the way it is now", I replied.

I took the kids on "family vacation", except, we weren't quite a whole family.  This is how it is now, I thought to myself.

Me and Liam experienced our first zip line together, which was awesome!  As much as I loved having an experience just between me and Liam, I was a sad for both of us that we didn't have Joe to share it with.  This is just how it is now.

I had received some bad news on Monday and my first instinct was to call Joe and talk to him about it.  But I didn't.  I had to remind myself that he's not my partner anymore.  My problems are not his problems anymore.  It's hard.  Even after all these months apart.  This is how it is from now on.

No matter how I say it, it still breaks my heart everyday when a situation slaps me in the face that this is just the way it is now.

3 comments:

  1. That is hard, what happened on Monday? Can you share that with us? Pictures of Liam on zip-line posted anywhere? EdD

    ReplyDelete
  2. something happened at work that really sucked. i'll be posting pics somewhere of liam zip lining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there.....things will get better and happiness is just around the corner....Luv u Deb!!!!!

    ReplyDelete