Friday, August 5, 2011

Bye bye summer...

OMG, can't believe summer is coming to an end.  At the beginning, it always seems SO LONG until school starts again.  Now, it's only 2 weeks away.  Today is Jill's official last day of daycare.  I have been paying for full time private daycare since March 2003.  8 1/2 years.

Next week my dad is watching the kids.  Ever since he moved in with his sister we hardly see him anymore.  I think I've seen him 3 times this entire year so far.  Ridiculous, I know, since he lives less than 30 min away.  So it will be nice for the kids to spend some time with him.

The following week I will be on vaca with them.  I'll be taking them to the Orlando area for a few days.  Doing non-Disney stuff.  I'm really looking forward to a few days alone with the kids to just chill and relax.

This is the time of year when someone hits the fast forward button on my life.  Liam has football 3x a week, school starts, my bday, Jill's bday, trip to the west coast for my niece's bday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Liam's bday, start of soccer, Christmas, New Year's.  And tons of stuff in between.  Busy, busy, busy.

Another half a year gone.  Another summer gone by.  Another gray hair on my head and wrinkle around my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment