Friday, October 21, 2011

Jillian, my saving grace?

Remember that time when I complained about doing homework with my kids?  I'm realizing that doing homework with Jillian is like the EXACT OPPOSITE of doing homework with Liam.  Jill gets these pamphlets of homework that we work on all week then she hands in on Friday.  Each Thursday in the pamphlet is the Math portion.  Usually about 6 sheets from her Math book.  We usually have this done by Tuesday.  The girl LOVES to do homework.  When we come home from school she gets all her homework out and organizes it all in front of her "OK Mommy, what do we do tonight?"  As we're going through the Math sheets she saves the "fun" ones for last.  Yes, the "fun" ones.  This girl is a breeze (who thought I would/could ever say that about Jillian?).  I have actually thanked her before for being so easy to do homework with.  WOW, what a difference this makes.  She's so awesome.

Just last night, I argued with Liam for no less than 15 minutes to get ONE Math sheet and his word list done.  All that homework together probably took him about 10 min to do.  It's incredibly frustrating.

Funny enough, they both seem to really like Math.  Since K that has easily been Liam's strongest subject.  I always loved Math as well.  It just always came easily to me.  But don't ask me what year the Declaration of Independence was signed or ask me to point out Greece on a globe.  History and Geography, def not my strong suits.  But I guess that's what I have Google for now.

Is this just a difference between boys and girls?  I also want to give a shout out to the universe for making one thing about Jillian easy.  Thanks, I really needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment