Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Animal free

For the first time since 1995 I am animal free!  Joe took Marley over the weekend.  No more puke piles all over the carpet to clean up.  No more litter box to clean.  No more scratches all over my feet from when he would attack my feet under the covers all night long.  No more incessant crying all night long.  No more psycho kitty.  No more scratching up my furniture (although all my furniture is completely wrecked because of him anyway).

I haven't screamed muttered the phrases "put the cat down!" "leave the cat alone!" or "get the cat out of that cabinet right now!" in about 5 days now.  How glorious...

The only thing that is freaking me out a little bit is when I hear a noise in the middle of the night.  I would always think to myself "oh, it's just the cat" patroling the house not an ax-wielding, raping, serial killer who is going to kidnap and torture me for the next 10 days before he kills me.

I could see myself never living with another animal for the rest of my life... besides my kids, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment