Friday, May 27, 2011

I can't wait for school to be out

Only 2 weeks left!  Liam is such a difficult homework doer.  Last night for example.  He had one page to do in his Math book and 3 worksheets to complete.  This took well over an hour for him to finish.  If I am not physically sitting next to him at the table then he sees this as an excuse to get up and play with the cat, play with his toys, run off with Jill and whatever else he can do to stall.  One of his worksheets was to number 4 sentences in the correct order of events then rewrite the sentences below.  Ugh.  He acts as if writing ONE sentence is just the worst thing that could happen to him.  Let alone rewriting 4.  Just the amount of whining over it wastes 15 min.  Anytime he has a writing activity I know it's going to be difficult, for ME!  I need a break.

This will be the first summer in many years where we will not be taking a family trip.  Sad :(  I have a week of vaca in Aug and I want to take a trip with them but not sure what to do yet.  I'll figure it out.

I worked out with my job where I will be working a split shift for the summer.  So basically, I work until about 2:45 at the office, pick the kids up by 3, then work the rest of the afternoon from home.  I did this last summer for the first time and it was GREAT!  It saves me money on summer camp picking them up early, I get a few extra hours at home to get stuff done (as long as it's not busy at work) and I get a few extra hours with the kids every day.  It's perfect.

As I was picking up Liam from school yesterday I was so excited.  I could just feel that the school year is winding down, summer is right around the corner and I just remembered how this is my FAVORITE time of the year.  I love summer.  (I know it's technically not summer yet but it might as well be here it's so dang hot already!)  I love the long days, going to the pool, no school, relaxed schedule.  It just makes me feel alive and happy.  The whole atmosphere of summer is my absolute favorite!

Also, Jill graduates from Pre-K next week.  My baby girl!  In just a few weeks I will officially have a 3rd grader and a Kindergartener.  WOW!  When did that happen?

Anyone have any good summer plans?

5 comments:

  1. We would love to have you over in Iowa for a week, camping, boating, golf, pool, basketball, volleyball, you name it we have it. Maybe even a trip up to the North Woods too. BTW, My baby girl starts high school this fall, where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You mention third grade and I instantly flashback to us in Mrs. Gerber's class 28 years ago! Can it really be that long?!? Remember how our class was so big for the first 3 years, that they split us into two separate classes and it seemed like the two classes were almost rivals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed, I'm going to price it out. Or perhaps, like we talked about before, we could meet in Chicago. I'll see what I can come up with.

    John, I remember Mrs Gerber but not the rivaling class thing! Ha, funny, the things we remember from childhood...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, with the exception of a few friendships, it was almost as if they were from another school and we rarely intermingled. Then enough of us moved away by 4th grade and they just merged us into one big class and all that went away. Do you remember a few years later how the class terrorized Spanish teachers. I think we literally gave the first one a nervous breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl who you tellin? Caleb is going in 5th grade and little mama is going into 1st. Can you believe that? I just feel like time is slipping away. You know you can always come visit good ole Delaware if you are really looking to get away. LOL.

    ReplyDelete