Sunday, February 6, 2011

The ground rules

For the first week and a half or so of our separation hubby and I weren't really doing much of anything different besides sleeping in different rooms.  Still eating dinner together w/ the kids, still watching TV together at night, still talking about our days to each other.  We even went to a concert together.  I was pretty offended when my husband said he wasn't feeling separated enough from me but I did see his point.  It sucks when your partner wants to spend time away from you.  We realized we needed to set some ground rules to start spending some time apart.  But it's hard living with someone you're trying to avoid.

Imagine War of the Roses but with a lot less hateful pranks.  We have split up our TV nights.  Which, btw, it really sucks watching TV all by yourself.  But it also sucks being holed up in your bedroom with nothing to do.  I don't read, I don't knit, and lately, I don't sleep.  But it does give you time to do those really annoying little projects that you put off for months (even years in my case) because you're too "busy" watching TV at night.  You know, organizing your photos, organizing your closets, cleaning out junk drawers.  If I could only get myself motivated enough to work on that door project that would be so awesome!  It would also be pretty awesome if I got to use really loud power tools on hubby's TV nights.

So we literally go around ignoring each other on purpose.  It's really no way to live.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.  I hate being uncomfortable in my own home.  And I really don't understand how this is getting us any closer to reconciling.

No comments:

Post a Comment