Thursday, March 3, 2011

My sweet, sweet Liam

Does anyone watch "the middle"?  Liam reminds me of Axl.  So adorable but not so much going on in the common sense department.

I was cooking a chicken in the oven one day and it had been roasting for over an hour making the house smell really yummy.  Liam comes in from outside and says "Ick, what is that smell?"  I happened to be standing at the sink stirring up a container of Crystal Light.  Before I could answer him he says "Oh, I know, it's Crystal Light".  Yes Liam, this container of Crystal Light is making the whole house smell like yummy roasted chicken.

This morning I told Liam I had lunch money for him.  He asked where it was.  I told him it was on the table "in the pile".  I had a sweater, Liam's lunch check and a package of instant oatmeal all stacked in a pile.  So he walks up to the pile, grabs the oatmeal package and says "is this it?"  Liam, that is a package of oatmeal!  Does it look like money?  Good Lord child.

So let me ask, is common sense something that kicks in at a certain age or do you have to be born with it?  All I have to say is, thank God he is so cute.  I love that boy.

2 comments:

  1. At least he found the pile, I always said to Sean,"he couldn't find the sand on the beach", EdD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, liam is like that too. I'll say "look in the drawer" and I'll see him open the cabinet. Ay ay ay.

    ReplyDelete