Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break

This is the first time in 3 years I haven't taken the week off with Liam for our Spring Break.  This week happens to be the start of March Madness which is my busiest week at work.  So Joe has been home with the kids doing all kinds of fun stuff with them.  He took them to the Miami Zoo today.

Since Jill doesn't have to be to school until 8:30 we have all been staying in bed a little later.  Getting out of bed at 7:15 is a treat for me.  Although, Monday morning was tough.  I was so excited about it being light out until 8pm that I totally forgot that I would be waking up in pitch blackness after daylight savings.  Takes a few weeks to get used to that.  I have another 5 long weeks until I get a week off.  But then my brother and his family come to visit!  YAY!!!

We have been totally off our usual schedule.  We have been staying up late watching TV, instead of reading books at bedtime.  The kids have been staying out until 7:30 playing outside with their friends.  I do love this time of year.  I know you northerners probably love spring most since those harsh winter conditions are behind you but I love summer best of all.  And, honestly, it practically feels like summer here right now anyway.  I was sitting in the drive way last night, drinking a beer, watching the kids ride their bikes and talking with the neighbors a bit.  It's a good time to be alive peeps.  If I had my way I would fill up my block with all my friends and family.  We could all meet outside drink a few beers, watch the kids play and chat.  Like every night.  Sounds like paradise to me.

Happy St. Pat's Day everyone!  Miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment